Single Sign On
Tidelift supports a number of single sign on methods in addition to username and password authentication.
- Sign in with Google - Tidelift allows users to sign up and log in with their Google credentials via OAuth2. We require (read-only) access to basic profile information about the user.
- Sign in with GitHub - Tidelift allows users to sign up and log in with their GitHub credentials via OAuth2. We require (read-only) access to profile information including your email address as well as information about the organizations and teams that you have access to. Note that teams which are using our GitHub app are required to log in via GitHub as we use GitHub's repository permissions to decide which GitHub repositories a user can access.
- SAML - Tidelift allows customers on the Enterprise plan to set up authentication via SAML. When using SAML for SSO, all signups and logins for your domain must be through SSO. To set up a SAML connection for your enterprise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the setup process. A couple of notes about our SAML implementation
- We do not support IdP initiated SSO via SAML
- Users must still be invited to your team. Accounts within your domain are not automatically granted access to Tidelift even with SAML enabled.