Tracking Projects and creating API keys
This article covers how to begin tracking Projects in Tidelift and generate project-specific API keys from the Subscriber Dashboard. You can also read more about how to use the API to integrate into your workflow or jump straight into the Subscriber API documentation.
Tracking Projects in Tidelift
Generally, you'll want to track each project individually within Tidelift. Using the Tidelift web app, you can create a space to track each project.
- From the Tidelift web app, select Projects
- Select Track New Project
- Name the Project you wish to track and Save
- If you are not planning to upload files manually, you can dismiss the prompt.
Generating Project API Keys
When integrating Tidelift into your CI/CD workflow using our CLI or API, you will need to generate project-specific API keys. If you are initially planning to manually upload dependency files, you can skip this step.
- From the Tidelift web app, navigate to the project and select project actions and settings.
- Select Get Project Key.
- You will then see your list of keys and can access the Token and Authorization information for each project.
- These keys can be set as the
TIDELIFT_API_KEYenvironment variable when running tidelift scan commands from your CI/CD system